Few Words About the Church
At the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century, when the village’s congregation grew so large that it no longer fit in the small Panagia church, it was considered necessary to construct a new parish church for the community. Agios Ioannis o Theologos, the most adored disciple of Jesus, was honoured with the construction of a church in the village’s centre, which began after the ideal location was located. The conclusion of the new pericallous church occurred at the start of the 20th century, specifically in 1905, as indicated by an inscription within a cross-shaped frame located above the southern entrance of the church.
With the construction of the new church, the Panagia church was transformed into a chapel and a cemetery church. The new church of the village was constructed in the Neo-Gothic style, as were many churches in Cyprus at the time. Two large windows are located in the church’s northeast and southeast sections, and eight tiny circular skylights are located at the peak of the roof.